1.6.09

Playing Catch-Up

Wow! Excuse my negligence. There are some things that need to be addressed before getting around to other blog ideas.

First off... the answers to the Oldies Music Quiz.

1. Happy Together - The Turtles
2. Turn, Turn - The Byrds
3. Gee - The Crows
4. In-A-Godda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly
5. Last Train To Clarksville - The Monkees
6. Day Tripper - The Beatles
7. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals
8. The Still of the Night - Whitesnake
9. You’re So Fine - The Falcons
10. I Only Have Eyes for You - The Flamingoes

Now... to answer another burning question. About the Yankee Dime. What is it? Here's the definition: noun. A kiss, origin: A kiss costs nothing, and unscrupulous (i.e., all) Yankees won't part with their dimes, example: "I can't give you a cent for that flower, honey child, but I'll gladly give you a Yankee dime."

That wraps up all those questions swimming around in the backs of your minds. So, until next time, have some Yankee dimes... XX.

2 comments:

  1. Cool to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Somehow I missed that quiz!! Bummer. I knew all but a couple! Don't know if I'd have actually thought of them, though.. Hope you're doing well...
    hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete