- The best cup of coffee. Check. Already done. At a breakfast shack in Destin, FL, on the last day of a girls' weekend.
- Champagne at my daughters' weddings.
- Perfectly sautéed soft-shell crabs. Check. That was the main course at a dinner party at chez Gaelic.
- Blood pudding in Scotland. Haggis can be quite good if made by someone who knows how. Unfortunately, on our holiday in Scotland, our innkeepers didn't serve blood pudding.
- The fruits of my gardening labor. Last year's garden produced: beets, carrots, onions, leeks, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, corn, strawberries, and figs. For this year, add to that okra, eggplant, watermelon, raspberries, potatoes, garlic, zucchini, and three types of winter squash.
- Acacia honey with bread at an inn on Lake Como.
- Sauteed fiddlehead ferns.
- Blinis and caviar after touring the Hermitage.
- The perfect crème brûlée. It's all in how the sugar is burnt.
- S'mores dark chocolate pudding. Check. This was the dessert for a private Valentine's Day dinner at chez Gaelic.
3 days ago