2.10.11

You'll Never Work Alone

"I'm not joining today."

"But why, my child? I've prepared the feast just for you."

"I have anger issues that I haven't finished dealing with."

"I know. I know everything about you. You even admitted your anger a few minutes ago. But I forgive you. All I ask is that you forgive."

"But she hurt Deirdre with that letter she sent. She blamed Deirdre for her bad decisions and didn't accept any responsibility for her actions."

"I know. I know Deirdre's pain. You're like the lioness protecting her cubs. I chose a good mother for Deirdre. Perhaps it's yourself you need to forgive. Now come to my table."

"I thought that if I partake when you and I aren't in communion that the bread and wine can do more harm than good."

"That's an intriguing thought."
.
.
.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Aren't you supposed to tell me what to do?"

"You already know."
.
.
.

"I'll come to the table but not partake."

"Go on."

"Today."

"And?"

"I'll come to your feast next week."

"Is that all?"

"Who are you? The Wizard of Oz and I'm Dorothy? And 'if I ever go looking for my heart's desire, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!'"

"Hahaha. But you didn't finish."

"I know. My work as a mother isn't finished. It will continue. Your task for me is to raise Deirdre with an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and to persevere, a spirit to know and love you, and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works."

"Yes. I chose Deirdre's mother very well.  See you next week?"

"See you next week."
.
.
.

"One other thing."

"Don't worry. I'll be beside you tomorrow too."

"Even if I don't remember to talk to you?"

"Even when you refuse to talk to me. You'll never work alone. Because I love you."

[Title taken from this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment