17.4.09

Two Conversations

"If you're running errands today, can you pick up some bourbon at the liquor store? If I'm having a drink every night, I don't want to go through a $50 bottle of scotch too quickly."

"Sure."

********

"I'll take you over here."

[Sound of bourbon bottle being put on the counter.]

"May I see your I.D.?"

"Really?"

"I need to see your I.D." his voice flattens.

"Do you card everyone?" as I whip out my driver's license.

Looking at the birth date, "No, ma'am."

He just made my day, my week, my year!

4 comments:

  1. DId you give him a kiss too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been carded in 20 years (ish). I'm pretty sure I woulda blown him behind the counter. Whoever he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have tipped him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have tipped well... :-)

    ReplyDelete