I am the cavalry. I'm the one who gets called up to the front when the financial need arises. The need arose when Finola got into such a prestigious private college. College was in our budget plans. But we just need a little extra for the private school part.
My job search had not been going very well for several months. It's very difficult to get to the interview stage when online applications sort potential candidates based on certain words or phrases used in the answers. It's like a guessing game to figure out what the computers might be looking for.
Finding a job is always about who you know. Mr. Gaelic's colleague (Mr. A) passed along a copy of my resume to the son-in-law (Mr. B) of the colleague's (Mr. A's) former boss who passed it along to the chief of staff (Mr. C) of the man (Mr. D) I want to work for. Since I have been a full-time mother for the past 13+ years, I needed to find out what has changed in my field in the meantime as well as find out a bit about Mr. D so that I know what he's looking for in an employee. After church yesterday, the afternoon was spent researching all sorts of information and biographical sketches. Never go to an interview unprepared.
That's my excuse for not getting my menu plan posted on a Sunday as I have in the past.
- Breakfast: grapefruit, toast
- Supper: potluck (where did all that food come from?)
- Breakfast: cereal
- Supper: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli
- Breakfast: oatmeal
- Supper: steak, baked potatoes (meat co-op delivery day!)
- Breakfast: cinnamon toast
- Supper: baked beans, dirty rice, fried okra, cornbread
- Breakfast: cream of wheat
- Supper: cedar-plank salmon, roasted root vegetables, lentil salad
- Breakfast: cereal (have to be at church at 7:30 for meal delivery at a retirement home)
- Supper: pizza for girls, eat out with Mr. Gaelic (date night)
- Breakfast: bacon, eggs, grits, toast
- Dinner: roast chicken, green peas, mashed acorn squash, dinner rolls
Whew! I'm tired just typing that. Good thing it's potluck tonight and I don't have to think about cooking.