24.12.10

Winding Down and Catching Up

If you’re my friend in real life, you probably know that when it comes to politics I’m Russia – a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. You also know that although I call myself a [insert political party], I have voted for both parties.

If the past is prologue, then I am back where I began.

It all began on the Senate side of Capitol Hill working for a [insert political party]. My hometown Congressman hired me away from the Senator after less than a year in DC. After I left the Hill to work as a lobbyist, the Senator switched parties. As I noted to my other lobbyists, switching parties didn’t change the way he voted. It was probably all those breakfasts at the White House with the President who was a [insert other political party].

Now that my children are older and Finola is attending a private Ivy League college, going back to paid employment was in the game plan. My life as a scheduler will begin the first Monday in January. The Congressman is a [insert other political party].

The circle is now complete. Come January, I will have worked on both sides of the Capitol and both sides of the aisle. As with any job, there are pros and cons. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. Cue the Stones.

5 comments:

  1. Good wishes on your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever noticed that the higher the elected position, the later the politician to his scheduled appearances? If you run into my senator on The Hill tell him MizAngie in Tyler says "hi." He's the one squeaking down the hallway because he's so tight-assedly conservative. (Gohmert)He's an Aggie.

    I hope you're gettin' paid enough to make gettin' back in the rat race worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have an absolute ball! Catch us all up when you get the chance, and remember, there are stories out there just itchin' to be told. Knock 'em dead, sweetie :D
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laoch, Thanks! And the work before January is part of the job (at least that's what I'm telling myself). And maybe he'll remember me with a bonus.

    @Angie, Yes. Getting paid enough. Finola is worth it!

    @Jenny, You should hear some of the stories from my first go-'round on the Hill. Woo-hoo! They'd knock your socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck dear..I will be eager to see what you may say as time passes.

    Merry Christmas to you and the family from me and mine.
    (HUG)

    ReplyDelete